Here is a checklist for what to pack for a DreamHack festival event, ideal for those who are first time visitors but also for those who have been at DreamHack before, as it’s easy to forget something important! Do not forget to read the rules of the festival, where you’ll also find useful tips and regulations and please note the information regarding yours and all other visitors safety and comfort.
Always take your valuables and smaller devices with you when you leave your seat or ask your friends or neighbors to watch your belongings. Secure the screen, computer, and other valuable hardware with cables and a computer security lock. Never leave your mobile phone and wallet on the table. Opportunity makes the thief!
- Personal computer with all cables
- Screen and associated cables
- Keyboard, mouse and mouse pad
- Headset or headphones
- Network cable, about 10-15 meters
- Power strip (so you can connect all your devices)
- Cable ties, secure your cables and keep all things tidy
- Duct Tape – Solves everything and a little more
- Game console and controllers
- Mobile phone and charger
- Flashlight, find your stuff in the dark
- Installation HD / USB / CD / DVD for your operating system
- USB / CD / DVD with essential drivers, if you need to do a re-installation
- Anti-virus software; be sure to have your security software and your operating system updated before the festival
Other Seat Things
- Your own office chair if you want to sit really comfortable. DreamHack provides simple chairs.
- Computer security lock, cables and padlock. Secure your hardware!
Clothing & Sleeping Accessories
- Comfortable clothes and shoes
- Sleeping pad or air mattress
- Bed sheets and towels
- Sleeping bag or blanket
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
Hygiene and Health
- Shower Soap and Shampoo
- Hand Cream
- Daily multivitamins
- Any over the counter drugs or prescription medications you need
Needed medications, be sure to inform the crew if there are any medical needs you may require assistance with
To participate in the DreamHack LAN all you need is to purchase a BYOC LAN ticket. The 3 Day BYOC Passes starts at $70! Full information including all ticket types and hotels are available here.
For any questions about the LAN or DreamHack in general, be sure to read up on the FAQ page, and if you still have questions shoot us an email to support(at)dreamhack.com
Be a part of the discussion using the hashtag #DHATL17, join the Event on Facebook and follow us on Social Media: